PLEASE NOTE: We are able to fully assist you during these difficult times. We are offering our clients and prospective clients the ability to meet with us via telephone or through video conferencing. Please call our office at 914-948-1500 so that we may assist you.
We are pleased to announce the reopening of our White Plains office location for in-office meetings. We are following the applicable New York State regulations for Phase 2 re-openings. These regulations limit in-person gatherings, so although we will hold a select number of in-person meetings, we will continue to encourage telephone and video-conference meetings whenever possible. We have implemented health and safety procedures for all staff, as well as those clients who come into the office. Please click here for in-office meeting procedures.
Samantha A. Lyons
245 Main Street
White Plains, NY 10601
Samantha A. Lyons is a member and staunch estate planning attorney at the law offices of Enea, Scanlan & Sirignano, LLP, in White Plains, New York. She concentrates her practice on elder law with a focus on Medicaid planning and nursing home care. Clients also rely on her for services involving wills and trusts, probate and estate administration, guardianships, special needs planning, disability planning and more.
A compassionate and forward-thinking professional, Ms. Lyons understands that medical costs and nursing home care can be a major financial burden for golden agers, especially for those with limited resources. With good knowledge of the eligibility requirements and New York-specific rules, she thoroughly evaluates her clients' finances and health care needs and guides them through the Medicaid planning process.
Ms. Lyons began her higher education by earning a Bachelor of Science degree in criminal justice from Pace University Pleasantville, New York, in 2010. She pursued her legal education at the Elisabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University and received her Juris Doctor in 2012. She is licensed to practice in New Jersey (2012) and New York (2013).
Committed to giving back to her community, Ms. Lyons is a member of the New York State Bar Association - Elder Law and Special Needs Section, and the Westchester County Bar Association.
A proficient and passionate legal writer, Ms. Lyons has written extensively for several esteemed publications. Furthermore, she is frequently invited by professional legal organizations to speak on topics related to her field.
Evaluating her client services and professionalism, Ms. Lyons is rated "Excellent" through Avvo.
Areas Of Practice
- Medicaid Planning
- Estate Planning
- New York
- New Jersey
- Pace University School of Law, White Plains, New York
- Pace University, Pleasantville, New York
- Major: Criminal Justice
Classes and Seminars
- Accountable Aging: Preparing for the Elder Years, Ossining Public Library, 2022
- Aging in Place with Medicaid Home Care, Association on Aging in New York, 2022
- Critical Issues Facing Senior Clients, First American Title Insurance Company, 2022
- Protecting Your Assets from the Cost of Long-Term Care, Tuckahoe Public Library, 2022
- Utilizing a Trust for Your Elder Law and Estate Planning Needs: The Pros and Cons, Tuckahoe Public Library, 2022
- What is a Power of Attorney and Why Do I Need One?, Tuckahoe Public Library & The Kittay House, 2022
- Accountable Aging: Preparing for the Elder Years, Bronxville Public Library, Mamaroneck Public Library, Rye Free Reading Room & Tuckahoe Public Library, 2021
- Estate Planning Essentials, Rye Free Reading Room, 2021
- Pandemics & Planning: Estate Planning in a COVID-19 World, Ossining Public Library, 2021
- Planning Considerations for New York’s New Medicaid Home Care Eligibility Requirements, Irvington Public Library & Mamaroneck Public Library, 2021 o "Pandemics & Planning: Estate Planning Essentials for a COVID-19 World," Irvington Public Library, 2020
- Pandemics & Planning: Estate Planning Essentials for a COVID-19 World, Irvington Public Library, 2020
- Protecting Your Assets from Medicaid Home Care and Nursing Home Costs, Bronxville Public Library, 2020
Honors and Awards
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2021 & 2022