Estate Planning Isn’t Just For The Elderly
A young associate attorney based out of White Plains, New York, Michael P. Enea has been practicing law in the state since 2020 and currently extends his service to his clients through Enea, Scanlan & Sirignano, LLP. Despite his relatively short time in practice, he has already made a name for himself as a knowledgeable and compassionate professional. Well-versed in elder law, his legal practice is devoted to assisting elders and individuals with special needs and also helps them navigate legal matters requiring knowledge of estate and probate, taxes and Medicaid planning.
Right from his days as a student, Mr. Enea has always exhibited a strong drive to excel in all his endeavors, and this motivation has continued to fuel his professional success as an attorney. He graduated from Quinnipiac University with his Bachelor of Arts degree in legal studies magna cum laude in 2016. He attended St. John’s University School of Law in New York to deepen his knowledge of the country’s legal and justice system and hone his skills to become an attorney. After three diligent years at the law school, he obtained his Juris Doctor summa cum laude in 2019. The following year, he was admitted to practice law in New York, and two years later, in 2022, he was authorized to practice law in Florida as well. Mr. Enea is currently working on his Master of Laws in Taxation from New York University.
Mr. Enea understands that fear and uncertainty are quite normal for people who have retired or are approaching retirement. He recognizes that people facing retirement may have concerns beyond just legal issues and strives to be a reliable source of support and guidance for them. He always ensures to educate his clients on all the options and tools and help them make an informed decision about their future, whether it be estate planning or considering the need for in-house home care.
An active member of the state’s legal community, Mr. Enea holds affiliations with various professional organizations, including the New York State Bar Association, the American Bar Association and the Westchester County Bar Association. He was also named to Super Lawyers' Rising Stars list in 2023.
- Wills, Trusts & Estates
- Tax Planning
- Corporate Law
- Elder Law
- St. John's University School of Law
- Juris Doctor - 2019
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Quinnipiac University
- B.A. - 2016
- Honors: magna cum laude
- New York, 2020
- Florida, 2022
- New York State Bar Association (Trust & Estates and Elder Law & Special Needs Sections)
- American Bar Association and the Westchester County Bar Association
- "Merely Creating an LLC Doesn't Automatically Give You Personal Protection Against Potential Claims and Creditors of the LLC”, Westchester Lawyer Magazine, July 2023
- What Is a QPRT and How Can I Utilize It to My Advantage?”, New York State Bar Association, Elder & Special Needs Law Journal, Volume 32, No. 3, Winter 2022
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers Metro New York, Thomson Reuters, 2023
Classes & Seminars
- "Avoiding the New York Estate Tax Cliff,", Yonkers Lawyers Association, 2023
- "Nuts and Bolts of Elder Law Planning,", Farrell Fritz, P.C., 2023
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher, LLP, Corporate Associate 2021 to 2022
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges, LLP, Private Equity Associate 2019 to 2021