Will Paying For A Nursing Home Drain Your Savings?
Whether you are now enjoying your retirement years or know that those years will soon be here, you have worked hard, investing most of your life, to save for retirement.
But in a short time, those hard-earned savings could all be gone . . . because you or your spouse suffered an illnes which resulted in your needing nursing home care or home care. If that happens, what will you do?
If you have done no planning your options will be more limited, however, losing all your savings to pay for nursing home care or home care is not inevitable, if you plan now. And we can help.
We are the experienced Westchester County, New York, elder care attorneys at Enea, Scanlan & Sirignano, LLP.
Elder law questions? Call 914-948-1500 to schedule your consultation.
Serving Elder Clients For More Than A Quarter Century
For more than a quarter century, the experienced elder law attorneys at Enea, Scanlan & Sirignano, LLP, have served our elder clients. Through our caring, individualized attention and practical counsel, we have assisted those clients in addressing the particular issues brought on by advancing years while helping them protect and preserve their wealth.
Two of the major issues facing many of our aging clients are their declining health and what happens to their savings when they pass away. Some common questions they have asked us include:
- What kind of long-term care do I need? Will it be in a nursing home or at home?
- Does Medicaid pay for nursing home and in-home care?
- Is my estate and elder law planning up to date?
- Have I done any asset protection planning?
- Do I have a durable general power of attorney with broad asset protection planning powers?
- Who will administer my estate?
- When I pass away, what happens if my children don't agree with the will I have in place?
- Do I have an appropriate health care proxy and living will?
If you have similar questions, or have different concerns regarding your advancing years, our lawyers are here to help you.
Worried About Losing Your Savings To A Nursing Home? We Can Help.
If you are concerned about affording nursing home and in-home care, Medicaid planning, how your estate will be handled or any elder law-related issue, talk to the experienced elder law attorneys at Enea, Scanlan & Sirignano, LLP, in Westchester, New York. To schedule a consultation, please call us either locally: 914-948-1500 or toll free: 800-724-1327. Or, if you prefer, you may contact us online.